Posted onDecember 15, 2015 by admin
Emergency Kits for Children
Disasters can happen any time and can leave you and your family severely affected. It is a known fact that prevention is better than cure. So, don’t wait for any mishap to happen. Take preparations for any kind of disaster and be in a position to safeguard your family.
When we talk about emergency preparedness, we look into every single aspect. After you have ensured your own health, your children will need attention and we need to have proper planning will come in handy. To take care of children we need to prepare a child emergency disaster kit.
Above all, preparing your children with knowledge is the most crucial thing you can do:
- Teach your children proper safety lessons about electrical outlets, lighters, stoves, etc.
- As a family, plan escape routes out of your home in case of an emergency.
- Give them emergency telephone numbers, so that they can call emergency services if required.
- These little things can make a huge difference.
Making a child emergency disaster kit is very critical. Children not only need physical support but we also have to fulfill their mental and emotional needs. In a child emergency disaster kit the following items should be included:
- First aid items like, one or two pairs of sterilized gloves, sterilized dressings, antiseptic soaps, creams, towels, ready-made bandages, thermometer, ice pack, pediatric medicines, prescribed supplements
- Chocolate bars
- Fruit juice
- Energy malt drinks
- Apart from staple foods, which you would take for everyone, you should take some extra food for children
- Few little toys for the children just to keep them out of the trauma mentally
- A radio set for their entertainment
Regularly check the emergency kit and update the items.